Helpful hint: Did you know EasyRx now integrates with MyAlignTech to automatically attach your scans? Read more here on how to enable this integration.
Export .STL file(s):
- Login to your MyAligntech account at www.mycadent.com
- Click Orders on the top-left, then select Orders List.
- Look under the [Completed] scans area. Find the blue ID number (also known as the iTero Case ID) and click on the ID belonging to the appropriate patient/scan.
- On the following page, click where it says "Export using OrthoCAD 3.5 or Higher"
- Next, it will attempt to launch OrthoCAD software in order to open the scan(s) and allow you to export. Note: You may need to install/download orthoCAD for this to work properly.
- Please allow the OrthoCAD software to install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next it will launch the OrthoCAD software and start opening your scan.
- It will ask you for the Export Type, choose OPEN SHELL
- For Data format, choose Two Files (arches oriented in occlusion)
- For the Folder Name - We suggest changing this to the patient's last name, so you'll be able to easily identify the correct patient's file.
- Press Export to begin the STL export process.
- When the export is complete, a box should pop up telling you where the file downloaded. The default file path should be c:cadent/export/your folder name.
Uploading / Importing the STL file into EasyRx
There are two locations you can import STL files into EasyRx.
Option 1. The patient's record
a. Click the [Patients] options in the main navigation bar
b. Either [Add a new patient] or select an existing patient that you would like to add their STL to by clicking [View]
c. You may either drag and drop files, or, click the [files from your computer] to bring up your file explorer to locate the STL / Digital Models from the folder you exported them to earlier.
d. select the file(s) you need and click [open] which will bring them into the patient's file
e. you are done!
Option 2. A new or existing (saved only) prescription
a. Login to your EasyRx account
b. Click [Create Rx] or, for an existing Rx, find the patient's rx and click 
c. If you selected [Create Rx], fill out the appropriate patient info then proceed to the Prescription Workspace
If you selected [Edit] on an existing Rx, you will land on the Prescription Workspace
d. Select the [Uploads] tab at the sub-navigation bar shown below and click the [files from your computer]
e. You may either drag and drop files, or, use your file explorer to locate the STL / Digital Models from the folder you exported them to earlier.
f. Be sure to click [Save] after the files have uploaded, which would then exit you out of the Rx so you may come back at a later time to finish, click [Proceed to Submit] to finish filling out the rest of the Rx to submit to your lab
Here is what the attached files will look like when viewing the patient's record
Helpful Hint: Any files you upload to a patient's rx as also kept in the Patient's file for future reference! You may reference previously uploaded files for new Rx's without needing to upload the same models again, saving you time.
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.